Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Carrabbas on my own!

Daughter here! For the next couple of days I will be writing singular because my mom and I are in North Myrtle Beach! Daddy is home with the brothers. So… tonight we went to Carrabbas Italian Grill for dinner. We sat at the pizza bar. While we watched, the chefs cooked up delicious food and pizza. Our waitress was very personably and took time to talk to us. We then ordered our drinks. After a short wait we received our soft drinks. We then ordered our entrees. And to our surprise one of the line cooks gave us a complimentary appetizer. We received Zucchini Fritte. Which is julienned zucchini that was lightly battered and deep fried to a golden perfection. They were served with a spicy roasted garlic aioli. It was very hot when we it came but it was good. After another lengthy wait we received our soups and salads. That came with our entrees. I had a Pasta E Fagioli soup which is a white bean Italian pasta soup. It was very filling so I ended up not finishing it. My advice to Carrabbas is to have a smaller portion size so that the costumer will not waste your food. Mommy got a house salad with Italian vinaigrette. Mommy's review is that the lettuce was nice and crisp with carrots and celery the dressing was also delicious but there was too much of it. After another lengthy wait we received our entrees. I ordered the Chicken Cattacori with a rather watery tomato sauce on top of a rather gritty cheese polenta. It was very hot and I thought it was mediocre. My Mommy ordered Seafood Cannelloni. It was stuffed with lobster, shrimp, and scallops blended with roasted garlic and chives. The pasta was topped with crab and a light tomato sauce. My Mommy's review was: The dish was very rich and filling so she didn't finish but it was ok. Over all I give this Italian Resturante a 7 out of 10. The waitress was nice but the service was slow. It was cool that they let us watch them cook and the food was always extremely hot and filling. To find a Carrabbas near you go to:http://www.carrabbas.com/restaurant/locations/

No comments:

Post a Comment